Fire safety in the home

Please take a read of the Government's Fire Safety in the home leaflet that provides tips and advice about how to protect your home and family from fire, and what to do should a fire break out. We have also produced a leaflet that provides information on fire safety procedures and guidance in the event of a fire on the scheme where you live.

 Fire Safety procedures leaflet

 Bedtime checklist

 Fire safety in the home check list


Home Contents Insurance

We do not insure the contents of your property – we are only responsible for insuring the building. This means that if your home contents are damaged in a fire we will not replace them.

The word ‘contents’ is used to describe things such as decorations, furniture, carpets, electrical items and personal belongings.

We strongly advise that you arrange your own insurance. There are lots of different companies to choose from. All our esidents can access the National Housing Federation’s home contents insurance. Whilst we all hope that nothing will happen to our belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, you can protect your belongings and gain piece of mind knowing that if the unexpected happens your possessions are covered.

National Housing Federation My Home Contents Insurance Pack

Rate Card

Direct Debit Form

For more information, please contact My Home contents insurance on 0845 337246 or if you are calling from a mobile 01628 586189.