Ways to pay your rent

We offer a wide range of easy ways to pay your rent. Please allow 5 working days for your rent to show on your account.

Direct Debit

Contact the Income Team

If you are using a landline please call us on 0800 111 4013. You can also email us at incometeam@longhurst-group.org.uk if you want to:

  • Discuss your rent account
  • Find out more about any of the ways to pay your rent
  • Advise you on benefits you may be entitled to
  • Signpost you to independent, free organisations that can give you budgeting and debt advice

Housing Benefit

If you would like to know more about Housing Benefit or are paying your rent by Housing Benefit please click here for more information.

Standing order

  • You can arrange for your rent to be paid from your bank or building society account. Please ask us for a standing order form.

Debit or Credit card

  • You can make payments over telephone using your debit or credit card by 0844 557 8321. You will need your allpay reference number which can be found on the front of your allpay card.

From Monday 30th June 2014, the Income Team are no longer taking rent payments from debit or credit cards.

If you wish to continue to make rent payments via the telephone using your debit or credit card, you need to make the payment directly to our payment service provider Allpay.

You can call Allpay 24/7 on 0844 557 8321. Alternatively, you can still ring L&H on 0800 111 4013, and select option 3, then option 1, which will direct you to the payment line.

To make the payment you will need to have your 19 digit Allpay PRN number, which can be found on the front of your Allpay card, and your debit or credit card details.

Or we could just set up a direct debit with you over the telephone, to collect weekly on a Friday or Monday, or monthly on 1st, 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th of the month.

Allpay rent payment card

  • take your payment along to any Post Office or PayPoint outlet with your rent payment card and they will give you a receipt.

Allpay internet payment

Allpay app

  • you can now download an allpay app to make payments online from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Once you have logged into the app you can save all your payment reference numbers, bank card details and payment amounts so you don’t have to enter them every time you want to make a payment.

Telephone banking

  • if your bank offers telephone banking, call them with the L&H Homes account details (account number 06394957, sort code 30-00-00). Remember to tell them your tenant reference number.

Internet banking

  •  If your bank offers on-line banking, enter the L&H Homes account details (account number 06394957, sort code 30-00-00)
  • remember to quote your tenant reference number.

By post

  • make your cheque payable to Longhurst & Havelok Homes Limited
  • write your tenant reference number on the back of your cheque
  • send it to: Longhurst & Havelok Homes, Finance, Leverett House, Gilbert Drive, Endeavour Park, Boston, Lincs PE21 7TQ
  • please don’t send cash or post-date your cheque.

Checking your balance

Rent statements are no longer mailed to resdients unless requested. The quickest and easiest way to check your rent statement is to log in to My Account.

Change in your household’s circumstances

You must tell the Income Team and your council straight away of any changes in your circumstances.

If your circumstances change and this means you may be entitled to extra housing benefit you must tell the housing benefit department about this change of circumstances within one calendar month of the change, or you could be losing out.

Similarly, if you do not tell them about changes in your circumstances, that reduce your entitlement you may have to repay any Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit which you should not have received.

What sort of things do I need to tell you about?

The following list gives examples of changes you need to tell us and the housing benefit department about:

  • A change to who lives with you
  • If you start work
  • A change in your wages, private pension or any other income you receive.
  • A change to the amount of rent you pay
  • If you start or stop receiving Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance.
  • If you start or stop receiving any other benefit
  • If your capital, such as savings and investments, alters

This is not an exhaustive list, these are only examples of changes you need to tell us about.